Update: We are sorry – Shahla has accepted a position elsewhere and I Law is closed for now except in relation to notarizations. If you require a notary public please visit the fee page for rates. Shahla is available evenings and weekends for notarizations only. Thank you.

“My partner and I have agreed to separate. We have a deal. How do we put in writing?”

I Law drafts domestic agreements such as:

  • separation agreements
  • cohabitation agreements
  • prenuptial marriage contracts
  • amending agreements to readjust or end support

Flat Rate

Where voluntarily full financial disclosure (Ontario Family Form 13.1)  has been exchanged, a standard separation agreement, requiring no negotiation nor any revisions, may be completed for  a flat rate of $1000.00 plus hst and disbursements.

Independent Legal Advice

The lawyer only represents one party and witnesses that party’s signature alone. It is strongly recommended that the other party obtain independent legal advice and sign the agreement  before a lawyer at another firm. (Any negotiation and revisions will result in additional charges.)

Scope of Services

Preparation of the agreement does not include performing any obligations on behalf of the client under the agreement, such as arranging for the transfer of title of the matrimonial home from one party to the other.

No Deal Yet 

If you hope to come to an agreement but you don’t have one yet, you can use I Law for Mediation Services. If you reach a deal through mediation, I Law will prepare your agreement and recommend you to take it to your lawyer for independent legal advice.

Instructions to Retain I Law for Agreement Preparation

  • Book a legal counselling and consultation appointment as described here (not included in flat rate for agreement).
  • You must confirm directly with your partner that they are in agreement with the terms you want inserted into the agreement. Do you have a “deal”? If you do not have a “deal”, consider I Law for Mediation services.
  • If you have a “deal”, both parties should complete and exchange financial disclosure in Form 13.1. (click and it takes you to a link for guidance on how to complete Form 13.1).
  • Email I Law to book an in-person appointment, advising as to your availability
  • I Law shall email you a Service Agreement and propose a mutually convenient appointment date and time to start the process.



Copyright I Law and Mediation Services. All Rights Reserved.