Travel Consent


“I have a vacation coming up and would like to take my kids out of Canada. My ex has agreed. What do I need to get past the border?”

Traveling as a single parent out of the Province of Ontario requires a Travel Consent to be signed by the other parent. Seek a signature on the Travel Consent well in advance of your trip, along with the children’s passports and any other necessary items to travel with the kids, particularly those that may be in the possession of the other parent.

Travel Consent Services and FEES 

  • Preparation and Witness of Travel Consent  $50 plus hst
  • Witness of Travel Consent Mobile Service $40 plus hst

More information on traveling with children is found on the Federal Government of Canada website here.



Copyright I Law and Mediation Services. All Rights Reserved.